Resources for recreational cyclists
Thanks to local government and councils around the state we’ve assembled links to a collection of pages and websites stuffed with information on bike routes and bike rides in Queensland, including detailed maps. And, we’ve listed some other helpful links, some with iPhone apps, to help you map out your own route and even report hazards and issues to your local council.
- Cycling Brisbane – Cycling in Brisbane (bikeway maps, bike hire, facilities, etc)
- FixVegas iPhone Application – Have you noticed something in need of fixing around Brisbane?
- Cycling Brisbane Route Planner – Calculate and plan your cycle route
- Transport and Main Roads – Online maps, projects and other cycling resources
- Logan City Council – Logan City Cycleways
- Moreton Bay Regional Council – Bikeways
- Redland City Council – Cycling
- City of Gold Coast – Cycling, pedestrian networks and sustainable transport
- Sunshine Coast Council – Walking and riding
- Ipswich City Council – Walk Cycle Ipswich
- Toowoomba Regional Council – Where To Cycle
- Transport and Main Roads (TMR) – bike maps for many areas in Queensland.
- BikeRouteToaster.com – Ride planner using Google Maps
- Bunch Ride Finder – a website dedicated to helping cyclists find group bunch rides.
- RiderLog – track your rides, share your routes and provide anonomous travel log data to the Bicycle Network to help improve planning of bicycle infrastructure.
- Snap Send Solve – send feedback to any local Council, Australia wide.
Please feel free to email us to add to this list.