Tips and Recommendations
We’ve put together a collection of pages and sites packed with bike routes and rides in Queensland, including detailed maps. Take a look below for local councils sites, as well as other helpful links—some with iPhone apps—to help you map out your own route and even report hazards and issues to your local council while you ride.
Brisbane Cycling Resources
- Cycling Brisbane – Cycling in Brisbane (bikeway maps, bike hire, facilities, etc)
- Cycling Brisbane Route Planner – Calculate and plan your cycle route
Local Council Bike Rides
- Logan City Council – Logan City Cycleways
- Moreton Bay Regional Council – Recreational Trails
- Redland City Council – Cycling
- City of Gold Coast – Cycling, pedestrian networks and sustainable transport
- Sunshine Coast Council – Walking and riding
- Ipswich City Council – Walk Cycle Ipswich
- Toowoomba Regional Council – Where To Cycle
Other Rides and Tools
- Transport and Main Roads (TMR) – bike maps for many areas in Queensland.
- Snap Send Solve – send feedback to any local Council, Australia wide.
- Record your commute with Strava (which then anonymizes and aggregates this data and provides it to State and local governments which plan and deliver cycling infrastructure).
Please feel free to email us to add to this list.