It has been lovely to engage with many of you via social media, phone, virtual social rides, video calls and email in recent months. The role cycling plays in supporting our health and wellbeing has been highlighted in recent months whilst we as a nation tackle the impacts of a global health pandemic. The BQ team have been working tirelessly on many fronts to ensure both new and existing members are being supported during these challenging times. The uptake of cycling during COVID-19 is having a positive impact on membership and has reinforced our strategic approach to position cycling high on the Government’s health, social, planning and transport agendas.
I am proud of what the team has achieved since I arrived just eight months ago. Whilst there is still much to do, we now have a team in place to better serve you and achieve our mission of getting more people cycling more often. In order to ensure we can continue to provide a comprehensive membership, we’ll be increasing the cost of our membership categories from 1st September, 2020.
Household: 2 person $157.00, 3 + person $180.00
This increase will ensure you still retain the best value for money cycling membership in Australia. You will also retain the same level of insurance, which is the best insurance product available. I thought it was important to share with you what this increase will also allow us to do:
- Invest in and develop new staff to increase our advocacy efforts on behalf of our members
- Engage town planners to support BQ infrastructure campaigns
- Create new education resources for members to increase members skills and knowledge
- Develop our Commuter Harmony Alliance stakeholder map and campaigning
- Invest in new digital platforms to work strategically with regional and metropolitan Bicycle User Groups
- Develop new events in partnership with like-minded organisations to reach and service members outside south east Queensland
- Develop and invest in new digital tools to improve communication and the membership process
- Assist us to meet the rising cost of insurance and operational expenses.
This increase will enable us to continue to provide the quality and breadth of services you love, and expect from us. If you have any questions about the price increase or membership packages, don’t hesitate contact myself or our membership team.
Yours in cycling,
Bicycle Queensland, CEO