As the year comes to end, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support through what has been an incredibly challenging year for Bicycle Queensland (BQ). This year has seen BQ overcome losing our office in the February floods and cancelling the Brisbane to Gold Coast Cycle Challenge event due to circumstances outside our control. We have a long way to go, but your support has enabled us to continue the critical advocacy and education work we do across Queensland.
Our recent trip to the Annual Local Government Authority conference in Cairns has enabled us to connect with councillors and reinforce our campaigning on the role riding plays in connecting communities and building a robust adventure tourism industry. Our new heavy vehicle virtual reality experience is another example of how we continue to innovate the way we educate road users to work towards a safer and more harmonious transport network.
Whilst there is still much to do, we continue to work hard to achieve our mission of getting more people riding more often. To ensure we can continue to provide a comprehensive membership, we’ll be increasing the cost of our membership categories from 1st January 2023.
|Household of 2||$15.99||$172|
|Household of 3+||$17.99||$198|
|BQ Supporter (excludes insurance)||$5.00||$49|
This increase will ensure you retain the best value-for-money cycling membership in Australia. You will also retain the same level of insurance, which is the best insurance product available. I thought it was important to share with you what this increase will also allow us to:
- Continue to develop the City Link bike way after confirmation it will become a permeant piece of infrastructure
- Advocate for making spaces for passengers to bring their bikes on the Tilt Train from Rockhampton to Brisbane, opening up cycle tourism possibilities and connections with regional rail trails.
- Invest and develop new technologies to educate all road users and encourage more people to ride
- Develop and invest in new digital tools to improve communication and the membership process
- Improve digital platforms to work strategically with regional and metropolitan Bicycle User Groups
- Develop new events in partnership with like-minded organisations to reach and service members outside southeast Queensland
- Assist us to meet the rising cost of insurance and operational expenses
This increase will enable us to continue to provide the quality and breadth of services you love and expect from us. If you have any questions about the price increase or membership packages, don’t hesitate to contact me or our membership team.
Happy and safe riding.
Bicycle Queensland, CEO