It has been lovely to engage with many of you via social media, phone, video calls and more recently the Brisbane to Gold Coast Cycle Challenge. The easing of restrictions is providing more opportunities to meet with members and stakeholders in person which is wonderful. Our recent trip to Mackay for the Annual Local Government Authority conference is a great example of this. From our discussions with councillors at the conference, our campaigning on the role cycling plays in connecting communities and building a robust adventure tourism industry is being heard.
The diverse array of projects the BQ team will be delivering in 2022 will reinforce our strategic approach to position cycling high on the Government’s health, social, planning, tourism, and transport agendas.
Whilst there is still much to do, we continue to work hard to achieve our mission of getting more people riding more often. To ensure we can continue to provide a comprehensive membership, we’ll be increasing the cost of our membership categories from 1st January 2022.
|Household of 2||$14.99||$165|
|Household of 3+||$16.99||$189|
|BQ Supporter (excludes insurance)||$5.00||$47|
This increase will ensure you still retain the best value for money cycling membership in Australia. You will also retain the same level of insurance, which is the best insurance product available. I thought it was important to share with you what this increase will also allow us to do:
- Invest in and develop new staff to increase our advocacy efforts on behalf of our members
- Engage town planners and policy makers to support BQ infrastructure campaigns
- Create new education resources for members to increase members skills and knowledge
- Develop our Commuter Harmony Alliance stakeholder map and campaigning
- Invest in new digital platforms to work strategically with regional and metropolitan Bicycle User Groups
- Develop new events in partnership with like-minded organisations to reach and service members outside southeast Queensland
- Develop and invest in new digital tools to improve communication and the membership process
- Continue to build our school-based education program to achieve our long-term goal of more Queensland children “actively’ travelling to school
- Assist us to meet the rising cost of insurance and operational expenses
This increase will enable us to continue to provide the quality and breadth of services you love and expect from us. If you have any questions about the price increase or membership packages, don’t hesitate to contact myself or our membership team.
Happy and safe riding.
Bicycle Queensland, CEO