We are pleased present our organisation’s 2024-25 Budget Submission, showcasing our steadfast commitment to the one million Queenslanders who engage in cycling and scootering weekly, whether for transport, recreation, or sport.
Attached is Bicycle Queensland’s comprehensive budget document, a blueprint aligning with the Queensland Cycling Action Plan and the 2022 State Infrastructure Strategy. Our dedication to advancing active transport is evident, supporting the government’s initiatives for healthier communities.
1. Healthy and Active Communities, Safer Neighbourhoods:
- Implementing behaviour change programs for school children and families.
- Delivering women-specific bike riding programs.
2. Increased Investment in Walking and Cycling Infrastructure (Target: 10% by 2032):
- Allocating 10% of the transport budget to active transport projects.
- Building safe school commute infrastructure, retrofitting end-of-trip facilities, and implementing bike storage in schools.
- Establishing separated cycle ways within communities.
3. Safer Freight Vehicle Package (Australian Design Rules – ADRs):
- Providing financial incentives for owner-drivers of Heavy Goods Vehicles to retrofit blind-spot safety features.
4. Promoting Electric Bikes for Emission Reduction and Financial Relief:
- Developing a strategy for behavioural change.
- Offering subsidies to encourage the adoption of electric bikes.
In the spirit of collaboration, our budget priorities are harmoniously aligned with like-minded organisations such as The Heart Foundation, Queensland Walks, and Diabetes Australia – Queensland. Together, we can amplify our impact and make significant strides towards shared goals.
We invite you to engage with us to discuss the submission in detail and address any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your ongoing support is pivotal in creating a healthier, more sustainable Queensland. Let’s continue to make a lasting impact on the lives of our fellow Queenslanders.
Thank you for your commitment to our cause.